Filming Locations Cycle TourIt is not just Winterfell that was filmed onsite - there where 20 other KEY scenes filmed across the vast demesne including: ‘King Roberts Arrival to Winterfell’, ‘Bran falls from Winterfell Castle’, Walder Freys ‘The Twins’, ‘Ned’s Picnic’, ‘Baelor Battlefield’, Tree Branch where ‘Brienne Confronts the Stark men’, ‘Robb’s Camp’, ‘Lannister Camp’ and the ‘Whispering Wood’.
So now is your chance to tour these epic filming locations for yourself on one of our 'Westeros Cruiser' bicycles and recreate your own favourite scenes from Game of Thrones – firstly you will meet Winterfell Castles Master-at-Arms who will take you on a short behind-the-scenes 'Winterfell Orientation Tour' before issuing you with a Game of Thrones tour ‘Stark Sack’ to ensure you can defend yourself as you cycle through the wilds of Westeros!
Your Game of Thrones tour 'Stark Sack' includes:
- Medieval Scroll Game of Thrones Filming Locations map (you can keep this as a memento!) plus some supporting images and text for each tour filming location
- Medieval Cloak costumes
- Game of Thrones Stark Family LARP swords
Don't forget your camera!
Westeros Cycle Trail(Approx. 4kms along gentle flat shoreline & forest trails - allow 2 hours including photo stops)
The Westeros self-guided cycle trail leaves Winterfell Castle and follows the demesne shoreline around to Robb's Camp where Jamie Lannister was held captive in cage (aka Audleys Castle). The castle perched atop a hill enjoys fantastic sweeping views over Strangford lough - these waters are where Brienne brought Jamie Lannister ashore in a canoe & fittingly also where St. Patrick came ashore in a boat back in the 5th Century (the Vikings gave the lough the Norse name ‘Strangfyorthe’, meaning place of strong tidal currents or strong fjord).
Other key Game of Thrones filming locations included in the Westeros trail are:
- Tree Branch where Brienne discovers 3 hanging bodies and confronts the Starkmen
- Stable where Tyrion slaps Joffrey
- Forest path where Tyrion 'Whistles & Walks'(One of his Funniest Moments)
- Courtyard where Theon beheads Ser Rodrik
- Pathway of King Roberts Arrival Procession
- Castle that Bran 'Falls' from
- Field of Baelor Battle
- Castle from Walder Freys 'The Twins'
- Shoreline path where Robb Stark & Talissa learn the Kingslayer has escaped
- Tree that Robb Stark & Talissa get secretly married under
- 'Armory & Forge' where Arya Starks sword 'The Needle' was made
- Cottage of Winterfell brothel
for Winterfell Orientation Tour, Bicycle & 'Stark Sack' hire for up to 2.5 hours (or £20pp for under 12's)
COMBO DEAL - BOOK THIS PLUS WINTERFELL ARCHERY EXPERIENCE & RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF OUR EXCLUSIVE WINTERFELL ALE PER ADULT
Book Online now
& 2 hours from Dublin
(All roads lead to Winterfell....)